PROVIDENCE CORPORATE CUP 5K RUN/WALK
The Providence Corporate Cup is a 5K run/walk held in Downtown Baton Rouge that not only advocates wellness in the workplace but supports two great causes: Mid City Redevelopment and Big Buddy.
The Providence Corporate Cup is celebrating its 32nd anniversary. There will be lots of celebrating so don't miss out on the fun!
Race headquarters and Post-race party held at the newly renovated North Blvd. Town Square. The event offers a 3.1 mile course running through beautiful downtown and developing Mid City, four race divisions to suit the organization, awards to winners in each division, the Corporate Wellness Award, Company T-shirt design contest, Oldie but Goodie Award for the oldest male and female runners, food and fun, being fit, learning more about living longer and healthier, nutrition and building camaraderie with your team and friends, chip timing and more!
Race bibs with timing chips will be REQUIRED for scoring. In other words, if all members of a team do not have bibs, then the member without a bib will not be scored for the team. Bibs will be assigned to all registered runners. Bibs are found in the race packets, which can be picked up the Thursday and Friday before race day.
See www.providencecorporatecup.com for more details.
Participation is not limited to competitors only; many companies have on-site tent locations for their employees, business associates, family and friends to be a part of the community-driven event.
“Providence Corporate Cup T-shirts will be available for all 2020 participants.”
1. A Providence Fun Team is composed of four individuals – individuals do not have to be employed by the same company nor do they have to meet the age/sex demographics.
A Corporate Team is composed of 3 individuals for Div. 1 and 4 individuals for Div. 2, 3, & 4 with at least 1 female and 1 male member and 1 member to be age 40+.
2. Replacements to a team must be made by March 15, 2020.
3. Runners and walkers only. Strollers permitted, but no bikes, skates, or skateboards allowed.
4. Wheelchair athletes are welcome.
5. No geographical restrictions on team or individual participation.
6. There will be no race day registration. Sorry, NO EXCEPTIONS!
7. Though they are “a man’s best friend,” we ask that you leave your pets at home.
8. Registration is non-refundable.
A team's score will be determined by adding up each team member's finishing place. Open division places are individually scored.
Awards will be presented at the post-race party. In addition to the coveted Corporate Wellness Award, other categories of awards include:
- Overall fastest time;
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place – Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, and Division 4 Providence Corporate Teams;
- Winner – Male/Female – of all Providence Corporate Teams;
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place –Open Division (Individuals) Male/Female;
- Winner – Male/Female Masters (40+ years);
- Winner – Male/Female Grand Masters (50+ years);
- Winner – Male/Female Seniors (60+ years);
- 1st Place – T-shirt Design Competition;
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place– Cook-off Competition;
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place – Fun Teams;
- A Rose By Any Other Name – Best Team Name
Proceeds to benefit Mid City Redevelopment Alliance and Big Buddy Program.